The American Craft Council show is coming up and I had the opportunity to interview Ashley Schulzetenberg. Ashley will be designing a 90s room vignette for the "Make A Room" program. This year's theme is "In Space and Time" in honor of the ACC's 75th anniversary.
Ashley is the Trend Director at the creative studio Very, Inc. She leads trend direction and product development for fashion, home, and beauty brands. She also creates experiential installations around macro and micro trend concepts for both the retail and advertising industry.
For this interview, I thought it would be cool if I asked Ashley questions, and she answered with an image.
1. Share an image that describes why you got interested in Trend and what you love about it.
Photographers Maurizio Cattelan & Pierpaolo Ferrari
2. What is a misconception about the meaning of Trend?
3. Where do you find inspiration?
4. How would you describe your personal style as of now?
Photographer Helmut Newton
Malgosia Bela photographed by Steven Meisel for Versace Spring Summer 2001
5. How would you describe the Twin Cities in an image?
6. What can people expect to see from you at American Craft Council?
Christy Turlington for Calvin Klein Swimwear 1997